Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

Those of you who watch the Weather Channel and the news might have heard that Kirksville recently had a tornado rip through it tonight.

I'm fine, my house is fine, my animals are fine, but I did have a bit of an adventure. The short version is I did my version of Helen Hunt in Twister and outran the tornado in my truck since I was nowhere that I could take shelter. I was in town at the time it roared through, and decided the thing to do was book it for my house northeast of town. I will post more on that later.

So far, only one fatality has been reported.

You can see pictures of the tornado here.

Early pictures of the damage are here and here.

I am incredibly proud of our little parish. We were all calling each other--isn't that what a parish is all about? I got about 50 phone calls from friends from all over the country, many here in town, and several in our parish. All these phone calls have made me feel incredibly loved!

6 comments:

Wow, I'm so glad you are safe. We watched DVDs all evening so I wasn't on TWC once.

Community comes in all forms. I shot right over here as soon as I saw "Missouri Tornado Kills 3" on Yahoo news. And I was so happy to see that your parish was careful to check on each other. Big virtual hug to you!

Happy you are safe...really happy you are safe (and your animals too).

Leonardo

Very glad you are safe. Didn't know anything about it - life without television.

Oh my Lord - that is a bit too much adventure.

Sorry it took me so dang long to get over here, but I have kept you and your town in my prayers!

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!