Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

Addendum to the last post. K. & T. often ask me to do the blessing and I am terribly lame at "off the cuff impromptu prayer." So I looked at my previous post a bit and came up with a collect that I will use tonight....

O Lord, maker of the beginning of all things, grant us Your nourishment and prosperity during this New Year. Allow the healing broth of your Holy Spirit to soak into the dry parts of our souls and hydrate us with Your goodness, so that we become a source of nourishment to our “families by chance” and our “families by choice.” Help us to learn that the plainest and simplest parts of Your love can become a banquet under your watchful eye. Engender in us the wisdom to accept Your plans for our welfare and live in the knowledge that a future with You is one of hope. In the name of Jesus Christ, who fed the multitude with a meager handful of loaves and fishes, we pray. Amen.

4 comments:

Amen

¨soaking in to the dry parts of our soul¨...yikes, and I thought I ought to have the dryparts removed!

Really, it was lovely.

Thank you and FELIZ AÑO NUEVO to you!

Feliz Año Nuevo to you too, dear Leonardo!

Thank you for the beautiful collect / prayer. I will be remembering this as I share Hoppin' John with my daughter and her family this evening.

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!