Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

O Rex Gentium: “O King of all the nations, the only joy of every human heart; O Keystone of the mighty arch of man, come and save the creature you fashioned from the dust.” Isaiah had prophesied, “For a child is born to us, a son is given us; upon his shoulder dominion rests. They name him Wonder-Counselor, God-Hero, Father-Forever, Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:5), and “He shall judge between the nations, and impose terms on many peoples. They shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks; one nation shall not raise the sword against another, nor shall they train for war again.” (2:4) .


O Rex Gentium, to the tune of “I can’t help Falling in Love with You” (with apologies to Elvis)

King of all, joy of human hearts
But I can’t help loving the Son of God
Arch of Man
Save us from the dust
Oh, I can’t help loving the Son of God

A child is born to us
Wonder-Counselor
Father and Prince of Peace
He shall beat swords into plowshares
So I can’t help loving the Son of God

A child is born to us
Wonder-Counselor
Father and Prince of Peace
He shall beat swords into plowshares
So I can’t help loving the Son of God
So I can’t help loving the Son of God

3 comments:

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to comment, Kirk---these are amazing and I am in awe of your creativity!

Cheers,
Doxy

Oh, my. These are WONDERFUL!!!

Sorry, I've been skipping these posts because I don't know what the O antiphons are. This was terrific though.

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!