Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

And now for the final installment!

O Emmanuel: “O Emmanuel, king and lawgiver, desire of the nations, Savior of all people, come and set us free, Lord our God.” Isaiah had prophesied, “The Lord himself will give you this sign: the Virgin shall be with child, and bear a son, and shall name him Emmanuel.”


O Emmanuel, to the tune of “Dust in the Wind” (with apologies to Kansas)

Emmanuel
King of kings and Lord of lords, ruler of all
Lawgiver
Desire of all the nations and of all the world

Holy child
Born in darkness, Child of the Light

Emmanuel
Saivior of all people come and set us free
Isaiah said
God will come upon you and give you a sign

Holy child
Born in darkness, Child of the Light

Emmanuel
Born of virgin, Son of God, Emmanuel
Salvation
Came to all of us from that birth long ago

Holy child
Born in darkness, Child of the Light

Holy child
Born in darkness, Child of the Light

4 comments:

I had the world's worst crush on Steve Walsh, Kansas' lead singer...

How did you choose the tunes, Kirk?! They are just brilliant!

I dunno...I just sort of sat down and read them aloud over and over till a tune that "fit" popped in..."lecto Top40ia????"

Oh, this is lone of my all-time favorite rock songs. I love what you did with it.

P.S. Send Boomer and Little Eddie over to my place. Smokey has a post they will enjoy.

Lectio top40ia my left foot! This is brilliance. Sheer brilliance. I think you should quick copyright them before someone steals 'em.

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!