Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

Many of you have followed the almost year and a half saga of my cousin J. and his wife (also J.--we'll call her JM!) in their attempt to get custody of J.'s two children from a previous relationship. They finally heard from the judge late this afternoon. Ex-girlfriend T. finally had to get her criminal assault charges (she beat up the next ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend) finished out as she broke her plea bargain agreement. She was given drug court but several very stiff challenges in her drug court sentence that will be difficult for her to accomplish. (Don't get me wrong--for the sake of the kids I hope and pray she can do them--but knowing her history, I would not bet the farm on it.)

The two J's can move the kids to the Kirksville school system Nov. 6 (they presently attend school in an adjoining county).

I am sitting by my fire near my chiminea, just feeling grateful--and scared.

We will no longer be able to blame T. for the children's bad behavior. It will be the two J's responsibility. JM has had her hands full with the oldest child, V.--V. does not choose to see JM as a "parental figure." (Hell, she doesn't see ME as any sort of a parental figure--she told me once "since I have no children I have no right to tell her what to do." We had a little "come to Jesus" meeting over that, and I do believe she has at least figured out I don't CARE what she thinks, it will happen when I am in charge of her! heh heh...)

It is apparent that V. and Z. will need some serious counseling. There are school issues and anger issues and acting out issues and all sorts of issues. J. and JM are just starting out as homeowners, and making a family of their own. They have a two year old already, and now they will have a ten year old and a six year old! Part of how I have been expressing my support has been...well...financially. That will probably not be ending for a while. They are good kids and never ask for more than they need, and are great at doing things for me involving errands and repairs and stuff, so that is good enough for me.

But that stuff is for tomorrow. Tonight, I'm just going to be grateful!

3 comments:

Yes, light a candle...

Tonight, I'm just going to be grateful!


Wonderful.

Prayers of gratitude, healing, peace and hope.

What a story!

Hurray! Good to know that some judges in MO have their wits about them. Thanks be to God!

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!