Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!


Many of you that follow MadPriest's blog also know that a big canine friend of ours there, Grendel, had The Last Day. In watching the blogosphere grieve for Grendel and with Aghaveagh, Grendel has taught me a wonderful lesson, a lesson in which I was trying to sort out in an earlier post.

It dawned on me when I was fighting back big ol' tears for a dog I never met. If I can believe in the power of a dog on the blogosphere, why is it such a stretch to believe in Heaven at times?

So many of us, when we entered the blogosphere, we entered it with the cloak of a certain degree of anonymity. We wanted to say what was in our hearts from a safe, shadowy shelter. But as many of us start to get to know the various monikers, whether we ever "really" learn who they are as real people or not, we end up making blogfriends that in some ways are more attuned, more connected to the "real us" because we had the shelter of semi-anonymity. So, in some ways, our blogfriends see the deeper, truer parts of us...more than the "real" people in our lives.

There is a lesson in that. We all need to go forth on some days with the parts of ourselves we show fearlessly on our blogs. Thank you, Grendel, for reminding me of that lesson. Thanks be to God, allelluia, and amen!

0 comments:

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!