Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

Here's an easy way to handle your stewardship issues, scratch off a 3 million dollar lottery ticket and donate it to your church!

Why is it I have a feeling that the "True North Community Church" generally frowns upon gambling; therefore the winner of the ticket kind of got guilted into giving it to the church "anonymously"??????

That's another of the nice things about being Episcopalian--no one seems to worry much that I spend $2 a week on Powerball tickets every Wednesday and Saturday. Hmm...let's see...Powerball is up to 72 million...let's assume 35% taxes, that brings me down to 46.8 million bucks...if I took it all in cash, most of the time that slashes it in half so now I'm down to 23.4 million. Oh, I think I could find a little room in my heart to push some of it over to Trinity...although I noticed when I talk about my Powerball ticket to the vicar, he likes to remind me how much he owes on his SUV....and the priest associate likes to remind me how many miles she puts on her minivan as Hospice chaplain...I didn't realize "lay support for clergy" had anything to do with vehicles!!!!!

3 comments:

Be thankful he's not asking you to donate enough winnings to buy gas for that SUV. That could suck the jackpot dry in no time. :-)

Praise the Lord and Scratch the ticket!!

I buy $2 a week of tickets too. So far all that I have donated to my parish is my time and some weekly pittance. OH but if I won millions... they'd get somethin'!

Tee hee!!

Nine years ago today, I won several thousand dollars at one of the boats in St. Louis. I didn't donate it all to my church, but I did tithe on it.

(I remember the exact day as it was Only Son's 20th birthday.)

Besides tithing on it, I gave an equal amount to Only Son for his birthday, gave some to Taciturn for the taxes due on it, and spent the rest on a long desired, very nice stereo for my car.

BTW, I have not gambled since. I wanted to end up ahead!

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!