Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!


Just another of the real church signs posted to the churchsigngenerator.com website...

Boy, ain't it the truth, when it comes to our real family and our church family at times?

People ask me how come I am "so darn funny" (That's funny as in comical, not funny as in weird, although I am that, too!) I have been told I am funny enough to do standup comedy; my reply is, "No, I'm funny enough to starve doing standup comedy."

I think it is because I once heard that "Comedy is tragedy plus time." I've had tragedy, I'm uber-sensitive to it, I feel it in a way most people don't allow it to be taken on. With the laws of physics demanding equal but opposite reactions...well, my sense of comedy only mirrors it!

2 comments:

I am right there with you... the root of funny is the tragedy and the transformation, I believe. I would like to think I am thought of as funny and funny - with the two meanings!

That church sign is great!

I think we all come from dysfunctional families, each in their own way!

Come on in!

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!