Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

I got to thinking about this when I was at the doctor's office for an extended period of time. I was dealing with someone who was worrying about me a bit, and kept calling while I was there for tests (and more tests, and more tests, and some radiologic studies)...all to be told, "Well, I don't see anything worth worrying about, but come back in six months." I agreed to text message out during the long wait each hour.

There is a trick to text messaging in that you have to try to say what needs to be said, but you don’t have all day to push the little buttons on the keypad! So I got to thinking, “Can I re-write this Psalm in text message language and convey its meaning “accurately enough” so the person getting the message would “get it????”

Tks 2 god 4 hez gud;
Hez r peeps 4evuh.

Israel sez hez r peeps 4evuh.

Aaronz house sez hez r peeps 4evuh.

We say god rulz and hez r peeps 4evuh.

I txted god and sed srsly, WTF?
He txted back and sed is ok kid u b ok.

Godz in my contact list.
No 1 can cut off my srvice 2 his cellfone.

Godz in my cellphone pocket.
I own the bad peeps.

Sbetr 2 trust god than peeps.

Sbetr 2 trust god than cellfone co.

Bad peeps all around. God sez shoo goway.

Bad peeps close me in. God sez shoo goway.

Dey are like bees n sting. God sez shoo goway.

I got squoze hard but god was there 4me.

Godz got my back. Is my mp3. Backs up HD 4 me.

Hiz peeps in dere tents say u rule, god u rock!

God rulz!
God rocks!
God rules!

I dnt die. I live. I live n say godz cool.

God beat my ass at times but dnt do me in.

Open godz gates 4 me. I will go in say o hai god kthnx.

Dis godz gate his peeps can go in.

I say kthnx god u txt me back n u save me.

Rock dat was dissed now holds up hole bldg. Paybax a muddah.

God did it d00d n it rocks.

2day god did it we say oktnx n u rock.

Woo hoo god! Now we wnt 2 b wnnrz.

Blest is doze who go n godz name n we bless u frm godz crib.

Godz boss n he shines on us. U have parade. Wid sticks. Go up to altar.

U R mine god kthnx! U R my god n I say u rulz.

Tks 2 god 4 hez gud;
Hez r peeps 4evuh.

3 comments:

Oh wow- I am reveling in this one.

ur sulm txts - i luvz dem

I have tears streaming down my face, I've laughed so hard. What a wonderful update of that psalm...

Thanks for this, Kirk---your day was obviously well-spent!

Cheers,
Doxy

I was lmao the whole time I was doing this. The funny part is that I think when I do walk through those gates, I probably will have the "o hai god kthnx" attitude about it!!!!!

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!