Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

We made the Weather Channel. Kirksville got 13.4 inches of rain in 24 hours. Welcome to the monsoon season.

Our old girl was not totally immune to this mess but she came out ok. Wallace e-mailed me last night that there was water in the church undercroft. I went down there about 6:30 p.m. last night (Friday) and there was standing water on the tile and at worst, about 3/4 of an inch of water in the lowest spot in the kitchen. Krista and Tim and Debby and I shop-vac'ed till 11:30 p.m. We pulled up the carpet in the nursery and shop vac'ed it and put it up on chairs to try to dry it. We'll see how it goes.

I was thinking, as I was falling asleep, board stiff from exhaustion, "our congregation is small, our resources are limited, but damn, we sure have a fair number of people who love our old girl Trinity Church." Nice feeling to fall asleep to, and it made a little of the stiffness abate!

3 comments:

God have mercy. Well good on you all for your work and really for what it represents, community and great love.

That is an astonishing amount of rain.

I hope the church ends up ok.

Good thing your church has you and the others who hold the community close.

I heard Kirksville mentioned on TWC again this am, while I was in the motel in Sioux City. Thought immediately of you.

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!