Kirkepiscatoid

Random and not so random musings from a 5th generation NE Missourian who became a 1st generation Episcopalian. Let the good times roll!

This morning in prayer service, the reading was Mark 5:1-20, where Jesus drives the demons out of the man posessed by many demons (the "My name is Legion" guy) sends them into a herd of 2000 swine, and the hogs run down the bank and drown in the lake. Being your typical farm kid, there is one thing about that passage that has always bothered me: What about the guys who owned the 2000 hogs? I'm cool with running the demons out, but I can't imagine the owners of the hogs were too thrilled by the miracle.

That thought gives special meaning to me regarding verse 14: " The swineherds ran off and told it in the city and in the country." I have this gnawing feeling that what they told was, "That dude with the beard made all our hogs drown and didn't even offer to pay us. Now that crazy dude that isn't crazy anymore keeps hanging around and talking about it, and won't shut up."

That one is definitely on my list of "Things I just have to ask about when I get to Heaven."

0 comments:

Search

Share

Bookmark and Share

About Me

My photo
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
I'm a longtime area resident of that quirky and wonderful place called Kirksville, MO and am wondering what God has hiding round the next corner in my life.

Read the Monk Manifesto!

Light a Candle

Light a Candle
Light a candle on the Gratefulness.org site; click on an unlit candle to begin

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Creative Commons License

Guestbook

Sign my Guestbook from Bravenet.com Get your Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

Thanks for visiting my blog!